Saturday, February 16, 2008

You Know What Else Everybody Likes?

Fleur Skins Boutique Parfait Vanilla 2, ETD "Maaliyah"


Fleur Skins Boutique Parfait Vanilla 2, Truth "Perry"


Fleur Skins Boutique Parfait Vanilla 2, Truth "Perry"


Tete a Pied recently rebranded, with a new name, Fleur Skins, and a new build with an English colonial feel (think somewhere tropical, not the Falkland Islands which would have been a far simpler build--a vast green field filled with sheep would suffice), which replaces the train station which debuted to much fanfare only a few months ago.

I attended the opening party for Fleur last weekend and enjoyed rubbing elbows with all kinds of folks (well, not so much rubbing elbows as having elbows rubbed against my forehead--I didn't realize how tall so many of SL's beautiful people are) while listening to swell music and playing non-gambling roulette for prizes. Given the attention to detail in their work, how could Roslin Petion and CJ Carnot throw anything but a fun party? I left a happy girl.

Then a few days ago, more generosity from the team behind Fleur. Members of the Fleur Skins update group can get a gift card to use in the store simply by going to Fleur and touching the gift card vendor while wearing their group tag. I counted up the other gift cards I had, added in the new one, and realized I could afford one of the new Parfait skins. Now at this point, I have to channel the donkey from Shrek:

"You know what else everybody likes? Parfaits. Have you ever met a person, you say, "Let's get some parfait," they say, "Hell no, I don't like no parfait"? Parfaits are delicious."

Amen to that donkey! Why are Fleur Parfaits so yummy? Well, to start, they're hand drawn, which gives them a different look than the Vivant line. The Parfait are less pure glam, more girl next door. I imagine that Holden Caulfield would like them for the same reason he liked Jane Gallagher, and to me they embody some of the spirit of what the Japanese call wabi-sabi, or finding beauty in imperfection. (Incidentally, I may be the first person on earth to reference Shrek, The Catcher in the Rye, and wabi-sabi in the same paragraph. You have just witnessed history. I hope you are suitably impressed. Don't try this at home.) I chose Fleur Boutique Vanilla Parfait 2, primarily for the freckles, and rushed off to take a few pictures. I'm pleased with the versatility of the skin, which seems to take different styles and colors of hair well. I'm looking forward to more releases in the Boutique line.

The top photo shows the skin with ETD's "Maaliyah" in black, the middle with with Truth's "Maxwell" in auburn. The sweater in the first two pics is from Tres Blah's "Mod Tweed" outfit, the choker from Cipher, and the earrings from M-C-H. The outfit in the final pic is Tres Blah's "Gwen" sweater with pink shirt and dotty tie.

[update: as of 5:00 AM PST on 17 Feb, no more gift cards are being distributed]

1 comment:

Samara Barzane said...

It's nice to see the results of your purchasing :) The Parfait looks *perfect* on you :)